Schneider Concerts at the New School Presents the Merz Trio
The Merz Trio will be performing this Sunday as part of the 2020-2021 Schneider Concert Series, presented by the Mannes School of Music at the New School. The program for this performance is organized in collaboration with NEC.
Audience members are encouraged to stay after the performance for a post-concert conversation with the Trio members and composer Cheryl Frances-Hoad, hosted by Mannes Opera's Managing Artistic Director, Emma Griffin.
Tickets for the public can be purchased at the New School website below. Streaming link will be provided to ticket buyers. Members of the NEC community have received an email with additional ticketing instructions.
- Pauline Viardot | Twelve Poems of Pushkin, Fet, and Turgenev: 12. Zvezdy "Stars" (1862-1863)*
- Hildegard von Bingen | Hymn O ignee spiritus (c. 1100)*
- Cheryl Frances-Hoad | "My Fleeting Angel" (2005)
- Franz Joseph Haydn | Piano Trio No. 45 in E-flat Major, Hob. XV/29 (1797)
- Robert Schumann | Piano Trio No. 1 in D Minor, Op. 63 (1847)
*Arranged for piano trio by Merz Trio
- Brigid Coleridge, violin
- Lee Dionne, piano
- Julia Yang, cello