We are dedicated to serving the student body by soliciting and acting upon student needs and concerns.
To contact the SLC email: SLC@necmusic.edu
Summer 2020 SLC members:
Brittany Bryant, Catherine "Cate" Byrne, Grant Houston, Nikki Naghavi, Sebastian Ortega, Theodora Nestorova, Parker Olson, Anabel Tejeda, Riley Vogel, Sami Watts, Jameson Wells, Litha Wilson, Yifei Zhou
The purpose of the Student Leadership Council (SLC) is to enrich the student experience, encourage student involvement, and promote the common interests and general welfare of the student body. Members of the SLC are ambassadors serving as a liaison between the student body and NEC’s administration. Regular meetings aim to cultivate the leadership potential of all our members and offer a unique platform for idea-sharing and engagement with senior administration.
Members of the SLC include students who applied to be on the SLC or were nominated by SLC members or NEC faculty. The SLC consists of roughly 15 members and includes undergraduate and graduate students and up to two alumni. The SLC members represent a wide range of majors, class years, club/organization affiliations, and identities. The SLC through its membership aims to promote discussions that are representative of the needs of the entire NEC student body.
- Attend SLC meetings (bi-weekly summer 2020)
- Take turns recording meeting minutes and then facilitating the subsequent meeting
- Represent student body by promoting interests and concerns to the administration
- Participate in special assignments, including student input in college-wide discussions, appointments to special committees, and senior leadership and board of trustee meetings and presentations as needed
- Provide feedback to the administration on decisions affecting matters of importance to students
- Meet with the members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLC) once a semester
- June 2 at 8pm (zoom meeting)
- June 16 at 8pm (zoom meeting)
- June 30 at 8pm (zoom meeting)
- July 14 at 8pm (zoom meeting)
- July 28 at 8pm (zoom meeting)
- August 11 at 8pm (zoom meeting)