New Residence Life Staff 2023-2024
Dear Residence Life Staff Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Assistant (RA) or Summer Housing Assistant (SHA) positions. We are excited that you are exploring this opportunity! Being a member of the Residence Life staff provides you with the opportunity to develop valuable leadership and communication skills, build a welcoming and inclusive environment within the residential community, manage critical incidents, and work with a diverse team of students and staff.
We believe that Residence Life staff members are some of the most important student leaders within the Conservatory. Because of this, we select individuals whose skills, interests, and experiences are best suited for these enjoyable and demanding positions. It is our hope that you will find the application process to be an opportunity to learn more about yourself and about Residence Life.
The application process includes completing all of the following steps:
- Complete and submit the following via email:
- Application: The application is available here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNor1UoxWskboYGjLj26i3wyfCPbyQZ-UGko3k31pR9xnG8w/viewform
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Priority review is reserved for completed applications submitted by the priority deadline of Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. However, applications will continue to be accepted.
- One Recommendation: All applicants must ask one person to complete recommendation forms which are also available online http://necmusic.edu/residence-life-staff-selection. The recommendation should be from a New England Conservatory staff/faculty member, or a former supervisor if you have held a prior job. Family members and other students, including current Resident Assistants or Graduate Assistants, should not submit recommendations on your behalf.
- Cover Letter & Resume (OPTIONAL): Please provide a current resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should highlight why you are interested in the position and what skills you have to offer. Your resume should include current and up-to-date information about your previous job and volunteer experience and extracurricular activities that may help you in this position. Visit Entrepreneurial Musicianship if you need assistance with resume-building and your cover letter: https://necmusic.edu/em.
Attend a Group Interview: Selected applicants will be offered a group interview slot. These interviews are approximately 3 hours long. Each applicant will be placed in one of the following group interview times
- Monday February 27th, 6pm-9pm
- Tuesday February 28th, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday March 2nd, 6pm-9pm
Attend an individual interview: For the applicants who pass the Group Interview stage, these applicants will be offered an individual interview. Individual interviews will take place March 6th - March 9th. Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes. Attire is business casual.
Again, I would like to thank you for your interest in working with Residence Life. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email at Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org .