health and safety requirements
NEC practice room access is limited to NEC community members only, by reservation only. Practice room users are required to adhere to all health and safety standards while on campus, including health screening and all COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found by visiting the NEC Resource Center webpage.
NEC is guided by a deep commitment to the health and safety of our community, and it is the responsibility of each practice room user to match this commitment. Inability to meet practice room requirements or inappropriate use of practice rooms may result in the suspension of practice room privileges. We will update our policies as needed, and in accordance with guidelines from the CDC and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
It is the responsibility of all practice room users to adhere to the following requirements:
- Practice rooms are available by reservation only.
- Practice rooms may be reserved up to 4 days in advance, and users are permitted to make same-day reservations.
- Practice sessions are limited to 120 minutes maximum (2 hours.)
- Users are permitted a maximum of four (4) reservations per day.
- Students must abide by practice room reservation times, and may not arrive early or stay late.
- If a practice room has been previously scheduled but is not actively being used, NEC students may claim use of the room after a 15 minute grace period.
small ensemble, chamber music, and vocal rehearsal rooms
NEC practice rooms are available for self-reservation by small ensembles, chamber music groups, and voice students with pianists. Use of these rooms is first come, first served, and all students are required to adhere to the following restrictions in all designated spaces:
expectations FOR shared use
Practice rooms will be cleaned regularly based on NEC's health guidelines. All users are expected to use proper hygiene prior to using any shared device (including pianos) on campus. Before and after using shared equipment, users make use of available cleaning supplies and then properly wash hands or apply hand sanitizer. Brass players should use collection methods to properly manage instrument condensation.
Practice room qr codes
QR code signage exists on all practice rooms to allow students to make reservations and check room usage.