Welcome to NEC's Housing Selection webpage! Below you will find pertinent information regarding housing selection processes for new and returning students, as well as information about our housing waitlist. We will be in communication throughout the next few weeks and months with updates regarding on-campus housing processes for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please note that all dates and timelines below are subject to change, so please check back regularly for updates. Please also visit NEC's Resource Center webpage for important campus-wide updates.
Returning Student Housing Selection (UPDATES!)
Rising Sophomores (current First-Year and Transfer students) are required to reside for one more full academic year (both Fall and Spring semesters) within on-campus housing. Below, you will find our timeline and processes for offering and confirming room assignments for the upcoming academic year:
- Wednesday, March 3 – Housing Selection Open Bedspace Listing Available Online (Don't forget to review our Room/Floor Layout webpage.)
- Monday, March 8 – Housing Lottery Timeline, Number Assignment, and Process Email Sent; Housing Selection Proxy Form Available Online (Due 3/15 by 5pm ET)
- Monday, March 15 – Housing Lottery Session Reminder Email Sent; Housing Selection Proxy Forms Due by 5:00pm ET
- Tuesday, March 16; 7-8:30pm ET – HOUSING LOTTERY SESSION #1 via Zoom
- Wednesday, March 17; 7-8:30pm ET – HOUSING LOTTERY SESSION #2 via Zoom
- Thursday, March 18; 9am-12pm ET, 1-3pm ET – Director 1:1s with Housing Lottery “Last Minute” Students
- By Wednesday, March 24 – 2021-2022 Housing Assignment Email Sent
On-Campus Housing Lottery Info Sessions and Roommate Search (UPDATE!!!)
For returning on-campus housing students interested in learning more about how the virtual housing lottery will flow, we invite you attend one of our upcoming info sessions. Attendance is not mandatory. In addition, we will be hosting a virtual roommate meet-and-greet for students looking for roommates to mingle and find their best match! Feel free to use the roommate search resources at the bottom of this webpage for more support. (Note: Sessions will not be recorded.)
- Monday, March 8; 1-2pm ET – Virtual Housing Lottery Info Session via Zoom
- Wednesday, March 10; 10-11am ET – Virtual Housing Lottery Info Session via Zoom
- Wednesday, March 10; 6-7pm ET – On-Campus Roommate Search ShinDig Social
- Friday, March 12; 1-2pm ET – Virtual Housing Lottery Info Session via Zoom
At the bottom of this webpage, you will find a current listing of available rooms reserved for returning NEC students. Rooms that are not listed may not be offered to returning students.
***Housing Selection Proxy Form now available! If your are not available to attend either Housing Lottery Session (due to a class or required performance conflict), you are able to use the provided proxy form to have another NEC student or Residence Life select a room on your behalf. You can find the form at the bottom of this webpage. All proxy form submissions are du to the Director of Residence Life by Monday, March 15 at 5:00pm ET.
***Mutual Roommate Requests are now being accepted! Please follow the instructions within the online form here. Please note that both mutual roommates must be present together during the Housing Lottery Session Zoom call. All submissions are due by Monday, March 15 at 11:59pm ET.
Off-Campus Housing Info Sessions and Roommate Search
For our Rising Juniors, Rising Seniors, and Rising/Current Graduate Students residing in this year's Virtual Residential Neighborhoods, you are no longer required to be affiliated with NEC on-campus housing. You are welcome to join our housing waitlist (more information in the next sub-section) and wait for an available bedspace. We also encourage you to visit our Off-Campus Housing webpage for information and resources on finding apartments within the Boston area. Further, we will be offering an off-campus housing roommate meet-and-greet to aid in your search. Feel free to use the roommate search resources at the bottom of this webpage for more support. (Note: Sessions will not be recorded.)
- Tuesday, March 9; 5:15-6:15pm ET – Off-Campus Housing Info Session via Zoom
- Thursday, March 11; 10-11am ET – Off-Campus Housing Info Session via Zoom
- Thursday, March 11; 7-8pm ET – Off-Campus Roommate Search ShinDig Social
New Student Housing Selection
Incoming First-Year and Transfer undergraduate students are required to live within on-campus housing for their first two (2) years/four (4) semesters (both Fall and Spring) at NEC. After being accepted to NEC, incoming First-Year and Transfer undergraduate students will receive information about on-campus housing and a link to the online housing application via email by the end of Spring or after.
In the meantime, we invite you to learn more about what NEC on-campus housing can offer you by attending one of our virtual on-campus housing info sessions. (Note: Sessions will not be recorded.)
- Wednesday, February 24; 5-6pm ET (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, March 24; 10-11am ET (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, April 28; 10-11am ET (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, May 19; 5-6pm ET (Zoom Link)
Housing Waitlist (Coming Soon!)
Students who are not required to reside within on-campus housing but are interested in doing so are encouraged to enter our housing waitlist. (Link will be provided very soon!) Afterwards, Residence Life and Housing will assign you a housing waitlist number, based on when you've submitted your request. When a bedspace becomes available, this will be your placement on the list when it comes to communication and confirmation.
Please review the additional stipluations for entering the housing waitlist:
- Entering this list does not guarantee you a bedspace or room assignment. If space is available at the time we reach your waitlist number, we will place you in a bedspace wherever it may be in the building.
- A $300.00 (US Dollars) pre-payment must be submitted to the Business Office before we are able to offer a room, if space is available. If this pre-payment is not received, we cannot fully process your request.
- Please remember on-campus housing priority is given to Rising Sophomores and new, incoming First-Year and Transfer students.
We still encrouage housing waitlist students to visit our Off-Campus Housing webpage to search for apartmenrs within the area.
Please refer to the Tuition and Fees page for current housing prices.
If you would like to request a housing accommodation due to a diagnosed medical condition and/or disability, please submit the appropriate request form and required documentation. Returning students must submit their requests for housing accommodations by March 1 at 5pm EST. Incoming students must submit their requests for housing accommodations by June 1 at 5pm EDT. More information is available of the Disability Support Services website.