The Scheduling Office is pleased to offer student recital scheduling for the Fall 2022 semester, and we invite you to place your request for preferred recital dates, times, and locations. Please review the important information below in planning your recital and navigating the 22-23 recital scheduling process.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR 22-23 STUDENT RECITALS
Due to a record number of student recitals during the 22-23 academic year, the Scheduling Office would like to make the following important announcements:
- We urge students to perform their required recital in the Fall semester wherever possible.
- Whether in the Fall or the Spring semester, we strongly encourage students to perform their recitals early in each semester, as late-semester recital scheduling will be extremely challenging.
- Students who delay in making a recital reservation may be unable to secure a recital date on campus.
- Students wo reserve earlier dates and/or Fall semester dates are more likely to secure their preferred dates, times, and performance halls.
- We urge students to consider the following alternative options when planning recitals:
- Shared recitals with other students/studio colleagues.
- Seek out options for off-campus recitals.
- Consider recital alternatives or other non-recital projects.
Additional terms for 22-23 academic year student recitals:
- Due to the high volume of anticipated recitals, we will not be able to accommodate optional recitals during the 22-23 academic year.
- All recitals are limited to 90 minutes of performance time maximum, without intermission.
- Recitals are required to conform to NEC's COVID-19 health and safety standards as described at the NEC Resource Center webpage.
- Recitals that require extensive production elements, large ensembles or groups, or advanced audio/visual set-ups may not be able to be supported. Please discuss your recital program with your teacher, department head, or academic advisor before proceeding.
- Recitals must be reserved a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of your preferred recital date. All recital requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis.
- Please allow 48 business hours for your recital reservation to be process, pending confirmation from your studio teacher. Recitals are not finalized until you receive an email confirmation form the Scheduling Office.
Timeline for Student Recital Scheduling, 22-23 Academic Year
|May 2, 2022||Fall 2022 recital scheduling begins|
|October 24, 2022||Spring 2023 recital scheduling begins|
|November 18, 2022||Last day to register for Fall recitals*|
|January 17, 2023||Spring 2023 recital scheduling continues|
|March 31, 2023||Last day to register for Spring recitals*|
*Pending remaining date, time, and venue availability.
Recital Reservation Process
All recitals must be reserved a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of your preferred recital date. All recital requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis. Every effort will be made to honor your date, time, and location requests.
If you have not yet registered for a recital, please do so before following the process below. Please email email@example.com or call 617-585-1310 for more information.
Review the available recital dates as listed on the Fall 2022 Student Recital Availability Calendar. Recitals will only be scheduled for the available dates, times, and performance halls listed. If a date does not show any specific times and performance halls, then recitals are no longer available on that date. The Scheduling Office updates this availability regularly.
IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of the student to coordinate recital date requests with their studio teacher's availability. Recital dates should not be requested until teacher availability is confirmed.
Fall 2022 Student Recital Availability Calendar
Once you have checked available dates, times, and locations, please complete the Fall 2022 Student Recital Request Form to request recital dates, times, and locations. Please allow 48 business hours for your reservation request to be processed. Your recital date, time, and location are not finalized until you receive a confirmation email from the Scheduling Office.
Recital dress rehearsals will be scheduled after confirmation of your requested recital date. Dress rehearsals will be limited to 60 minutes total, and will be subject to all venue availability.
Once your recital has been confirmed by the Scheduling Office, please fill out an NEC Production Form. Please provide any specific information that will assist NEC's production staff with your recital setup, or request specific needs using this form. Services are not confirmed until you have completed this form and received confirmation from NEC production staff. Production forms must be completed a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your recital.
Jazz and Contemporary Improvisation (CI) Recital Scheduling
Because of the additional production needs for many Jazz and CI recitals, the Scheduling Office will work with you to review available recital halls in conjunction with recital programming and equipment needs. After submitting your request for available dates, times, and venues, the Scheduling Office will contact you to review options and confirm event details.
Audience Requirements and Campus Access
Full-capacity audiences are permitted in all performance venues.
All audience members must meet NEC's requirements for COVID-19 health and safety, in accordance with the Visitor/Guest Policy located on the NEC Resource Center webpage. Any non-NEC individuals who are participating in performing in NEC student recitals must complete NEC's COVID-19 Attestation Form a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event date before permission to campus can be granted.
Receptions and other pre- and post- event gatherings are not permitted due to COVID-19 protocols. We encourage you to consider options for celebrating your event off-campus.
Recital Recording and Streaming
Recording and Performance Technology Services (RPTS) will provide recording services (audio and video) and streaming services for all required recitals. More information can be found on the RPTS webpage. Please contact RPTS with any questions, or to request additional services. Amplification services are not automatic and must be arranged for directly with the RPTS office within 2 weeks of receiving your recital confirmation.
Recital Production, Equipment, or Instrument Requests
All students are required to complete the NEC Production Form in conjunction with your scheduled recital. Production forms must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your recital. Please provide any specific information that will assist NEC's production staff with your recital setup, or request specific needs using this form. Amplification services cannot be arranged for using this form. Please contact RPTS directly.
Recital Rescheduling, Cancellation, or Postponement
Due to the large volume of recitals anticipated for the 22-23 academic year, recitals may only be rescheduled in the case of illness, injury, health or family emergency, or other extenuating circumstances which impede the musician to safely and successfully fulfill the given recital date. Insufficient preparation prior to the scheduled recital date is not grounds for rescheduling or cancellation.
If you need to reschedule, cancel, or postpone your recital, please contact the Scheduling Office to discuss options. Recitals will only be rescheduled at the discretion of the Scheduling Office. Rescheduling is not guaranteed, and rescheduling of support services will be at the discretion of NEC's production services and RPTS.
Peter Charig, Director of Business Relations & Event Management
Errica Moran, Scheduling and Event Coordinator
Heather Martell, Instrument Collection Coordinator
Recital Programs and Digital Display
Sally Millar, Administrator for Chorus