The Green Room Café
The Green Room Café is the on-campus retail dining hall located on the first floor of the Student Life and Performance Center. Catered by ARAMARK Campus Services,
The Green Room Café offers a variety of options including a salad bar, fruit and yogurt bar, grill, daily entrees, gluten free zone, and Grab-N-Go items. For those with gluten, nut, shellfish or other severe food allergies, accommodations are made. Please notify Dining Services staff of your allergies in advance.
Off-campus students, faculty, staff, and visitors can pay with cash, credit card, or Penguin Pass by loading their IDs with Cold Cash.
Standard Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 8:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Food Services Director
Residential Meal Plan
All resident students are required to participate in the meal plan program. Funds are included in room and board pricing. Each resident’s Penguin Pass is loaded with $1,250 in Café Cash per semester ($2,500 for the academic year). Café Cash works like a declining balance bank account, and may be redeemed in the Green Room Café. Funds are automatically deducted from the account with a swipe at the register. At the end of the fall semester, remaining Café Cash will carry over to the spring. Please note that Café Cash may not be carried over from the end of the spring semester to the following academic year. In addition to Café Cash, all NEC students may load Cold Cash onto their Penguin Pass, which can be spent in the Green Room Café, the laundry machines in the Residence Hall (for residents only), and for copying and printing on campus.
Students can view transactions, account balances, and add additional Cold Cash online HERE.
Meal Plan for Non-Resident Students, Faculty, and Staff
NEC faculty, staff and students can now add Café Cash to their Penguin Pass ID Card and get up to a 20% bonus in the Green Room Café.
Who is eligible to participate?
- All College students regardless of residency (on or off campus) and status (full or part-time)
- College Faculty
- NEC Staff
What are the plans?
- Symphony - $500 with $100 bonus for a total of $600
- Concerto - $350 with $50 bonus for a total of $400
- Sonata - $250 with $30 bonus for a total of $280
- Suite - $100 with $10 bonus for a total of $110
Please note: Café Cash is separate from the Cold Cash program.
Café Cash can only be used in NEC’s Green Room Café while Cold Cash can be used for laundry and other services.
How is payment accepted?
- Pay in person or over the phone: NEC Business Office | St. Botolph, Room 201 | 617-585-1220 | M-F 9am-5pm
- Forms of payment: Cash, Check, and Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX)
- Café Cash is added to your Penguin Pass as soon as payment is received
- Café Cash carries over from Fall to Spring semester and then expires at the end of the academic year (Dining Hall closes May 21, 2018)
- Please note, there are no refunds