The Student Housing and Activities Center (SHAC) believes in supporting the whole artist!
We encourage students to explore all the NEC has to offer. We are eager to serve you in enhancing your experience!
Due to the current global pandemic, the SHAC will remain closed during the Spring 2021 semester for all in-person student organization interactions and non-student/professional employee business. This is to increase the safety, health, and well-being of all members of the NEC community. We appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation.
What we do:
- Support student-run organizations (Contact Steven C. Sweat for more information)
- Coordinate Student Benefits (Contact the Business Office for information on the student MBTA Transportation cards benefit)
- Host events for all NEC college students
- Help students advocate for concerns and ideas
- Support the student newspaper, The Penguin (Contact Nick Tatar for more information)
Office Hours: Currently Closed Until Further Notice
Location: First floor of the Student Life and Performance Center (SLPC). Beyond the glass Student Residences doors, behind the Security Desk.