August 2 - 6, 2021
ONLINE FOR SUMMER, 2021
If your New Year’s resolutions include rethinking, improving, and making your rehearsal procedures more effective, then this is the opportunity to make your resolution real. Join Charles Peltz, William Drury, Frank Battisti, Cynthia Johnston Turner, Craig Kirchhoff, Mark Scatterday, and a select group of participants for five days of Encountering Music: A Forum for Conductors.
A successful online experience in 2020 provides the structure for 2021. Each morning session will consist of two 80-minute online classes led by a faculty member and attended by all participants and auditors. The afternoon will include private online one-on-one lessons between participants and faculty members.
Past participants have come to the Forum with experiences ranging from leading school ensembles to conservatory DMA students to professional conductors. More information is available by emailing Charles Peltz, or by calling 617-585-1394. Tuition discounts are available.
The overall structure of the week will enable all participants to enjoy the educational benefits of intensive and highly personalized instruction and discussion.
- Stravinsky Octet
- Beethoven Symphony no. 4
- Other repertoire as decided by faculty
Private Session Topics
- Review of rehearsal and performance video with your home ensemble
- Rehearsal strategies and comments
- Performance decisions
- Gestural issues determined from the video
- Discussion of standard repertoire proposed by the student
- Always wanted to study a classic? Now is the chance.
- Discuss two pieces that of music you plan on conducting in the coming year
- You will send to the faculty scans of scores that you have programmed and those will be discussed in depth.
- Open discussion – what have you always wanted to ask an experienced teacher/conductor? This is your chance to do so.
Admission and Application
At this time Encountering Music: A Forum for Conductors has met registration capacity. If you have any questions, please email Charles Peltz for more information.
Tuition & Registration
- Participants: $750
- Auditors: $200
- Registration Fee: $40
For questions about registration please contact Rebecca.Wolff@necmusic.edu for more information.