The information on this page applies to Returning Students for the Fall 2013 semester. Information regarding Fall 2013 deadlines will posted in this space.
Step 1: Academic Advising
As a college student at New England Conservatory, you are required to meet with your Academic Advisor at least once per semester to track progress in your degree program, go over recommendations and requirements for the following semester, and discuss your academic plans.
To prepare for this meeting, please consult the Academic Catalog under which you were admitted concerning requirements for your program and major. We also recommend you look at the course schedule for Fall 2013, available through PowerCampus Self Service (PDF instructions for access and use may be found here) and on the NEC website beginning March 15, 2013; a limited number of reference copies will be available for use within the Office of Student Services. Please plan on a wait of several days between the time you sign up and the time your appointment takes place.
Appointment schedules with the Academic Advisors will be posted on the bulletin board in the Office of Students Services (SB 224). Students may sign up for advising appointments on the following schedule:
|Monday, March 11||First appointment schedule posted (schedules will normally be posted one week in advance with new postings made as each week fills up)|
|Monday, March 25|
Advising appointments begin for these groups of students:
|Thursday, April 4||Advising appointments begin for 2015 graduating students (students may begin signing up for appointments on Monday, March 25th)|
|Thursday, April 11||Advising appointments begin for 2016 graduating students (students may begin signing up for appointments on Monday, April 1st)|
|Wednesday, May 1||Deadline for Academic Advising (all students)|
|*Students graduating in December 2013 will benefit from scheduling their advising appointments early in the advising period.|
At your appointment, your Academic Advisor will provide you with information and instructions to help you register for Fall 2013. You are encouraged to come with any questions you may have about curricular opportunities at NEC. Please note that you may not register for Fall 2013 until after you have met with your Academic Advisor.
See below for more information about registration.
Step 2: Registration
After you have met with your Academic Advisor, you may proceed with registration for Fall 2013. Before you will be allowed to register, you must clear all administrative holds, including Academic Advising, Health Information, Business Office, Financial Aid, and Qualifying Degree. Please note that ALL students must register by Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Students who register after this date will be charged the $210 late registration fee.
The schedule for most registration groups (both online and in person) is determined by current anticipated graduation year:
|DMA students||Monday, April 1 - Wednesday, May 1|
|All 2013 graduating students||Thursday, April 4 - Wednesday, May 1|
|All Tufts and Harvard students||Thursday, April 4 - Wednesday, May 1|
|2014 graduating students||Thursday, April 4 - Wednesday, May 1|
|2015 graduating students||Thursday, April 11 - Wednesday, May 1|
|2016 graduating students||Thursday, April 18 - Wednesday, May 1|
Please follow these steps:
- Consult the Fall 2013 course schedule, available through PowerCampus Self Service (PDF instructions for access and use may be found here) and on the NEC website beginning March 15, 2013; a limited number of reference copies will be available for use within the Office of Student Services.
- Prepare for your Advising Appointment by selecting your top course options for the Fall 2013 semester.
- Attend your Advising Appointment with your Academic Advisor. Your Academic Plan and registration instructions will be provided to you at that appointment.
- Online registration for the first registration group (DMA students) will open at 8 AM on April 1, 2013; each subsequent registration group will open at 8 AM on their start date. Registration will end for all students at 5 PM on Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Students needing to submit a registration form in person may do so to a member of the Registrar's staff in the Office of Student Services. In-person registration hours are 9:30 - 11:30 AM and 2:00 - 4:00 PM each weekday from April 1st to May 1st.
- After completing your registration process (either online or in person), please proofread your schedule carefully to make sure it has been recorded properly.
- If you are registering for a required recital, you may proceed to the Concert Halls Office (JH 106) to reserve a hall. Recital booking is by appointment only; the appointment book will be available outside the Concert Halls Office beginning April 4, 2013. Appointments will take place between April 8-19, 2013. The Concert Halls staff will ask to see a copy of your Fall 2013 schedule indicating that you have registered for a recital. Read the Student Recital Handbook carefully so that you understand the recital scheduling process and policies. Pick five (5) possible dates that will work for you, your performers and your STUDIO FACULTY MEMBER(S). Fill out the student recital form - copies can be found in the Concert Halls office; a downloadable PDF is available on my.necmusic.edu under "Performance Services". Bring it long with your proof of registration and NEC I.D. A downloadable step-by-step checklist for recital scheduling is also available online.