Skip to main content

Resident Student Work Requests

Requests related to the maintenance of your Residence Hall room are provided by various offices on campus.

Facilties Emergencies

A facilities emergency is any problem involving running water that will not stop running or any problem involving heat or air conditioning causing a space to be cooler than 50 degrees or warmer then 80 degrees. In a Facilities Emergency, please call Residence Hall Security at 617-585-1255 immediately. 

Residence Hall Office (RHO)

The RHO is staffed by RAs and GAs who can assist you with room lockouts and submit work orders on your behalf. Submit requests to, by phone at 617-585-1294, or stop by the RHO (located one the first floor in the Friedlaender Foyer) during business hours.

Building Operations

The Building Operations department manages maintenance requests, custodial services, pest control services, laundry facilities, and heat/air conditioning, plumbing, electricity and card reader maintenance. Students will need to create an account on the work order site if they would like to submit their own work orders and receive updates regarding current work orders. For more information about how to submit a work order, please visit the work order website. Emergency requests should be reported directly Residence Hall Security at 617-585-1255.

Information Technology Services (ITS)

ITS manages requests including wireless connections, Residence Hall lounge/lobby telephones and cable TV. Submit requests to or 617-585-1235.