How do I get my music?
A step-by-step guide
1. Check the orchestra board/wind ensemble board for your part assignment.
Music can be checked out of the Performance Library two weeks prior to the first rehearsal, unless otherwise noted. All music should be signed out from the Performance Library before the first rehearsal. However, if you do not sign out the music, it will be automatically signed out to you and placed on the stand at the first rehearsal. (Except for inside string parts and wind ensemble parts. These must be picked up in the library.) Please be aware that if you do not sign out your music before the first rehearsal, your name will be given to the ensemble manager and conductor and you may be asked to audition on your parts.
2. Come to the Performance Library to sign out your music.
For most concerts, we will put the music outside the library. Find the box for your ensemble, then find the folder with your part. Orchestra boxes are organized by instrument. Wind Ensemble boxes are by name, within each instrument section. Take your music, but leave the folder. If there is no box outside the library for your ensemble, please speak to the librarian.
3. Print your initials by your assignment for each piece. You are responsible for the music you sign out. You will be charged for any lost or damaged music. Please note the following rules:
· All markings must be in pencil only; do not use pen or colored pencil.
· Do not cut or tear the music. If you need help with page turns, please ask a librarian.
· Do not bend or fold the music.
· If you change part or stand assignments, return your old part to the library and sign out your new part. Do not take it with you to you new seating position. You will be charged for your old part.
· If you will be absent from a rehearsal, you are responsible to get the music to the library, your stand partner, or your substitute.
· Always bring your part to rehearsal. The library may not have an extra copy of your part.
What do I do once I have my music?
Library music folders will be placed on the stands before each rehearsal and concert. Do not remove these folders from the stand. If you must leave the music for your stand partner or a substitute, or if you do not wish to carry a part with you between rehearsals, you may leave it inside the folder and the librarian will bring it to the next rehearsal.
Following each rehearsal and concert, please place the music inside the folder on your stand and close the folder and leave it on the stand so the librarian may collect it quickly. After the concert, all music must be left inside the folder so it can be returned to the library.
WIND ENSEMBLE POLICY
The librarian will bring the music crate to each rehearsal and concert. A folder with your name on it will be in the crate in front of the divider for your instrument. If you no longer wish to keep a part between rehearsals, leave it inside this folder following the rehearsal and the librarian will bring it to the next rehearsal. You are responsible for having each piece on stage with you for every rehearsal and concert.
At the concert, please deposit your music in the “Music Collection Box” as you exit the stage for each piece.
WE HAVE FREE FOLDERS IN THE LIBRARY FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS ONE.