The Penguin is New England Conservatory's student-run monthly newspaper, featuring timely articles, interviews, tips, concert reviews, short fiction, poetry, cartoons, photos, restaurant reviews, and shout-outs.
Think there's something missing from this list? Maybe it's YOU! All students are welcome to join the discussion. Contact us via email, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram!
To bring unity to the NEC community beyond our academic and professional lives, and to inform students about cultural events at NEC and in the greater Boston Area. The Penguin aims to offer a forum for critical discussion within the NEC community concerning all spheres of life providing students of various backgrounds an opportunity to share their thoughts and experiences.
Co-Editors: Julia Cohen & Moira Loh
Faculty Advisor: Suzanne Hegland
Want to Get Involved?
NEC’s student newspaper can only continue to thrive with your help. ANYONE is welcome to join!
Perks of contributing include:
- The opportunity to publish your writing, poetry, photography, and/or illustrations
- Meeting other students who share your interests
- No commitment! Submit whenever you have time.
- A great addition to your resume
- Warm & fuzzy feelings knowing that you have improved the NEC community
If you have an idea for an article, or have questions about how to get involved, please contact us!