Alumni are one of NEC’s most valuable resources and contribute their time and talents in numerous ways to support the school. Alumni volunteers help to build the alumni community - both nationally and internationally - and work to support current students.
How can you help? Read below to find a volunteer activity that suits your time and interests, and contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (617) 585-1125 or email@example.com to learn more about any of these opportunities.
NEC Alumni Association Volunteer Opportunities
Regional Connectors help the Office of Alumni Relations by:
- Facilitating social and professional networking among alumni in their area.
- Acting as a point of contact for current and prospective students and parents.
To view a current list of regional opportunities, click here.
Entrepreneurial Musicianship Advisors
Join our creative team of volunteers advisors made up of over 150 distinguished performers, teachers, arts administrators, and professionals from other fields. Entrepreneurial Musicianship Advisors (E-Advisors) are paired one-on-one with students in The Entrepreneurial Musician course and serve as mentors to EM grant recipients. From long-term career and project visioning to basic information, our advisors help prepare students to navigate their early professional lives.
NEC Student Intern Program
Internships through Entrepreneurial Musicianship place students in environments where they learn how to take responsibility for all aspects of a musical endeavor. Opportunities include:
- Entrepreneurial Internships - professional rehearsal and performance as well as administrative support work in the areas of marketing, production, and fundraising.
- Arts Administration Internships - a window into the world of arts management through project work with organizations such as symphony orchestras, opera companies, presenters, clubs, and others.
We are always looking to expand our roster of internship opportunities, both in Boston and beyond, so let us know if you'd like to volunteer to work with a student intern.
The mission of the New England Conservatory Alumni Council is to:
- Foster a strong sense of community among alumni and between alumni and NEC by encouraging alumni involvement and support.
- Enthusiastically promote and advocate for NEC among its alumni and other constituencies.
- Serve as a representative alumni voice to NEC Boards, administration, and faculty.
- Act as a resource for information about events, programs, and services that NEC provides for alumni.
Special Event Committees
Alumni are invited to serve on committees to help plan and drive participation for the following events:
- A Feast of Music After Party - NEC's annual late-night fundraiser held in February, which supports the education of student musicians at NEC and frequently features guest alumni perfomers. The event is held in conjunction with A Feast of Music, praised as one of Boston's top events of the year, which raises over $750,000 in support of student scholarships.
- 3 Days on Gainsborough Street - NEC's biennial Alumni and Family Festival Weekend, featuring activities for alumni, college parents, and current and prospective students. Our next event will be held in the fall of 2016.