Fall 2023 Application
The application for Fall 2023 at NEC Prep is now open, and we're thrilled to invite you to audition! As a top music program in Boston, our classes and ensembles fill up quickly, so apply now to secure your spot. For those who are not sure where to begin, please fill out a request for information form, and one of our staff members will assist you.
NEC Prep offers music programming for students of all ages, interests, levels, and aspirations, from early childhood to age 18. We recognize the impact that music education can have on a child's life, and strive to provide a nurturing environment for young musicians to grow. We invite you to explore our Fall 2023 Course Catalog to learn more about our program offerings.
Our enrollment process includes:
- Creating a parent portal account (new)
- Submitting an application
To apply for any of our programs, parents/guardians of students younger than 18 must create an account in our Parent Portal. Please note that account creation can take up to 24 hours to be activated in our system, so we encourage you to create your account with ample time to complete and submit your application. Parent Portal accounts only need to be created once, which will provide a smoother experience going forward.
Existing Parent Portal Account Login
For students over 18, you can create your own account directly on our website, or you can have a parent/guardian create an account and link it with yours.
Our programs include Early Childhood classes for ages 0-3, Suzuki program for ages four or five to begin learning a specific instrument with private lessons and group classes, private lessons, large ensembles, chamber groups, theory classes, and composition seminars to enhance their musical skills. Large ensembles include orchestras, wind ensembles, and choruses. Chamber music levels range from beginner to advanced, including our Chamber Intensive Performance Seminar (CHIPS). Jazz programming is also available for students interested in fully immersing themselves in the genre.
The NEC Prep curriculum emphasizes performance, music theory, composition, and music history and our faculty are all professional musicians with a passion for teaching. We also offer specialized courses in jazz, chamber music, and the Suzuki method for young students who want to start learning a specific instrument.
Priority placements for all Prep activities are available through May 1st. The Large Ensemble application will close on May 1st and results will be sent to students in June. NEC Prep activities resume during the first week of September.
We look forward to receiving your application and hope to welcome you to NEC Prep soon! If you have any questions or want to learn more about a particular program, please contact our office at 617-585-1160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New for Fall 2023
We are delighted to offer a variety of programs to students of all ages and levels. In an effort to streamline the application process, we have launched a new application and Parent/Guardian Portal. To apply for any of our programs, please follow these steps:
- Parents/Guardians of students younger than 18: Create an account with our Parent Portal. This will require you to enter some personal information, as well as your student's information. Please note that account creation can take up to 24 hours to be activated in our system, so we encourage you to create your account with ample time to complete and submit your application.
- Click on the link provided in the confirmation email to confirm and access your account. Please be sure to monitor your spam filter for this confirmation email. From there, you will be able to view and select the program(s) you wish to apply for.
- Fill out and complete the application on behalf of your student. This includes providing personal information, program preferences, and any required supplemental materials.
- Students over 18: You can create your own account directly on our website, or you can have a parent/guardian create an account and link it with yours.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email and will be notified as appropriate with additional information. Please note that parents only need to create their account once, which will provide a smoother experience going forward.
- There is no change to how parents process their student's tuition, which will still be done through ActiveNet. Please see our information on our registration page after placements are received.
We look forward to receiving your application and hope to welcome you to NEC Prep soon! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We welcome students of all levels, ranging from absolute beginners to the highly advanced. Most classes and ensembles at NEC Prep require a placement interview or audition with a member of the faculty. This is an opportunity for families to meet with NEC Prep faculty and learn more about the program. The faculty use their wealth of experience and knowledge to make sure students are placed in the appropriate ensemble or class for their skill level or with an appropriate private lesson teacher who will help them grow.
Students may enroll in any program of lessons, classes, and ensembles for which they qualify, determined by audition or placement. Although classes run year-long, we are currently offering openings for mid-year ensemble placements and private lessons.
Students registered for 30 or 36 private lessons during the academic year are eligible for discounted rates on ensembles and classes, as well as participation in workshops, recitals, and masterclasses.
Types of Auditions
Choose from the following options to learn more about how to get involved!