Each Spring, NEC Prep holds auditions for large ensemble entrance to and advancement within the program for the following school year. New this year, NEC Prep will be reviewing all large ensemble auditions via video. The application and audition video deadline will be May 15, 2020.
Video Audition Requirements
- Video recordings of audition materials will be submitted online through the Embark application, which you can access by clicking the link above. Physical CDs, DVDs, tapes, emailed files, and YouTube links are not accepted as audition files.
- The recording should be in one of the following video file types: MPEG, MPG, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, or VOB.
- Record your two contrasting solo pieces in one continuous take. You are welcome to pause or breathe between your selections. Do not edit the video.
- If you are presenting the senior orchestra excerpts, please record both excerpts in one continuous take. You are welcome to pause or breathe between your selections. Do not edit the video.
- Your face, hands, instrument, and bow stroke should remain in the frame for the duration of the video. If you are using a music stand, please be sure that it is not blocking the frame. Please use proper lighting.
- Instrumentalists: Audition videos with accompaniment will not be accepted. Please submit unaccompanied audition material.
- If you have questions on how to submit a video audition, please be in touch with our office.
Audition repertoire can vary by instrument and audition type. For audition repertoire requirements, please visit the Spring Audition Requirements page.