Each Spring, NEC Prep holds auditions for large ensemble entrance to and advancement within the program for the following school year. Applications open March 1.
Applications sent in by May 17th will receive placements in early June. Students may continue to submit applications after this date for placements dependent on available spaces.
Video Audition Requirements
- The recording should be in one of the following video file types: MPEG, MPG, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, or VOB.
- Record the video of your scales in one continuous video. You are welcome to pause or breathe between each scale. Do not edit the video.
- Each contrasting solo should be recorded in separate videos. You may upload the solos in whichever order you choose.
- When you are presenting the orchestra excerpts, please record in one continuous take. Please prepare the excerpts, in the order listed, that most closely match your level of playing based on recommendation from your teacher. It is not required to complete all excerpts; however, all excerpts are required if completing the entire list. You are welcome to pause or breathe between your selections. Do not edit the video.
- Your face, hands, instrument, and bow stroke should remain in the frame for the duration of the video. If you are using a music stand, please be sure that it is not blocking the frame. Please use proper lighting.
- Instrumentalists: Audition videos with accompaniment will not be accepted. Please submit unaccompanied audition material.
- If you have questions on how to submit a video audition, please be in touch with our office.
Download our Video Audition Guidelines
Audition repertoire can vary by instrument and audition type. For audition repertoire requirements, please visit the Spring Audition Requirements page.