1. Online Application
Domestic Students Only: 2018-2019 Certificate Application
International Students Only: 2018-2019 Certificate Application
- FALL 2018 DEADLINE FOR DOMESTIC STUDENTS: AUGUST 15, 2018
- FALL 2018 DEADLINE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: JULY 1, 2018
Late applicants will be accepted on a case by case basis and should contact our office for further information.
2. Additional Materials: AFTER completion of the online application
- An in-person or electronic (YouTube video preferred) audition demonstrating your level of proficiency on two contrasting pieces (contrasting by style, time period, or tempo)
- One-page personal statement describing your interest in pursuing the certificate program and your musical background
- An in-person or web conference interview with NEC Continuing Education Director
- An additional in-person or web conference interview with respective department chair
- A recommendation letter from an academic institution or former teacher which will exhibit your academic performance/personal character and such.
- Copy of transcripts from previous institution (either high school or higher educational institution)
- Copy of a photo I.D.
- Copy of TOEFL exam with a minimum score of: 79iBT or 550 Paper-Based (International Students only) Find additional information in Frequently Asked Questions.
Please submit these materials either by email or mailing address:
NEC School of Continuing Education
290 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
If you have any questions, please contact our Program & Operations Manager, Julian Couture, at ContinuingEducation@necmusic.edu
New England Conservatory of Music does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or veteran status in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other Conservatory-sponsored activities.