Planning for Your Summer Health Needs
Graduation day and the summer recess are quickly approaching. Some of you will leave NEC to pursue rewarding and exciting careers in music or future graduate study, and many of you will find creative ways to further hone your musical abilities over the summer months.
Although you may now be studying remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain connected as a community through technology and our shared lived experience. We hope that you have been able to take advantage of the Health & Counseling Center (HCC)'s telemedicine and telecounseling visits, and the online health tips and tools that we have shared on the NEC Resource Center and Student Connect webpages.
Now is the time to plan for your summer health care needs and take steps to ensure good health.
Do you need:
- Refills for ongoing prescriptions during the summer months?
- Information regarding prescriptions needed for international travel that require a prescription override through the student health insurance plan?
- Refills of prescriptions issued by Dr. Fernando Rodriguez-Villa?
- A health report completed with documentation of your immunization history for ongoing study at another institution of higher learning?
- Information about how to access care during the summer months or after graduation, including how to establish care with a primary care or mental health provider in the community?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please contact the NEC HCC at 617-585-1284 before May 15, 2020 to schedule a telehealth appointment.
Students enrolled in the NEC Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) have insurance coverage until the end of the current policy period, which expires at the end of day on August 24, 2020. Coverage also extends to enrolled students who are traveling outside of the US or residing abroad. Services that are provided to students in their country of origin are still covered but are considered Out of Network. This means that the student would need to pay for the claim and submit documentation of the payment with a copy of the bill, translated into English and US currency, to Blue Cross Blue Shield for reimbursement.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions at the top of our Student Health Insurance Plan page to learn more about how to use your student health insurance this summer if you require health care while studying or working, home, or abroad. Best wishes for a relaxing and productive summer.
The NEC Health and Counseling Center Staff