NEC Connect (necmusicconnect.com) is a digital networking community for alumni and students of New England Conservatory.
Whether it's reconnecting with old friends (or making new ones), sharing photos and news, or applying for jobs posted by alumni, you'll find it on NEC Connect.
- Register by creating your own username and password. We suggest registering through LinkedIn, as it's the quickest and easiest way.
- Follow the instructions to add all of the relevant information to your profile.
- Your membership will be activated within two working days.
- Post a message to say hello and introduce yourself, upload photos, post about an upcoming gig or concert, browse to find people you know, and invite other alumni to join.
No. NEC Connect does not replace our social media channels. We still want to interact with you on LinkedIn and Facebook. In fact, you can message people through LinkedIn by clicking the ‘Connect on LinkedIn’ button. NEC Connect is about creating a space for NEC alumni and students to interact, participate, and inspire each other through mentoring and sharing of experience. It’s different from social media because it enables you to find and connect with the extensive NEC network in a really easy way. Find out below about all the things you can do on it.
NEC Connect makes it easier to maximize the benefits of being part of the NEC network:
- Your profile: Make instant updates to your contact details and employment information when they change, plus share updates with the rest of the network about projects you’re currently involved in.
- Directory: Find old friends, make new connections—professional or personal, and collaborate on special projects.
- Knowledge sharing: Volunteer to be a mentor for students and other alumni, or search for an alum who can help you with careers advice and information.
- Jobs and opportunities: Find and share job vacancies and other opportunities, such as internship opportunities, academic/study opportunities, or anything professionally useful you want to advertise to other NEC contacts.
- Events: Find out about alumni events or advertise your own alumni events/concerts; manage the entire registration process through the platform.
- Messaging: Receive and send messages to other alumni in a variety of ways: through the platform, by email, or through LinkedIn or Facebook. Manage what you receive by editing your settings.
- Special interests: Follow or start a special interest page to bring together people who have a common goal or interest.
Let us know at email@example.com or 617-585-1125.