Please refer to the guidance below to determine if you will be required to participate in NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Program.
Expanded Testing Hours and Booking Appointments
The NEC COVID-19 Testing Center will now be open full days:
Mon-Fri from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 9 hours are 9:00 a.m. - 1:00p.m. and 1:45 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Additional testing slots have been added; please schedule your appointments in the CoVerified App.
Please note that Friday testing appointments are booked under the test location “Supplemental Fridays,” rather than the “NEC Testing Center.” All testing will continue to be conducted at the same physical location at 33 Gainsborough Street in the Welcome Center.
Information for students
Students who selected the Fully Remote Option for the fall semester (not returning to campus):
Students studying completely remotely/online but need to pick-up personal belongings OR complete a task:
- No testing required if you are planning to study from home, but you need to come to campus one time to pick-up essential items (example: instrument from your locker). Please email email@example.com to schedule a 30-minute block to come to campus for this purpose. Additionally, no testing is required for pre-scheduled appointments to complete student employment paperwork that requires an in-person presence. During the student employment process, these required on site visits will be scheduled with you.
- Arrive to campus at the designated time wearing a cloth face covering or face mask. Check in with the security desk, complete your daily symptom check, and avoid interacting with others during your visit. Limit your visit time in the building to 30 minutes.
Students who selected the Hybrid Option for the fall semester, and are planning to return to campus for study, performance, lessons, practice, or other activities on campus:
- Testing required:
- Ongoing tests must be performed at NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Center.
- Please register for the Student Health Portal to complete your COVID-19 Test Consent Form. Please contact Monica Powtak at 617-585-1284 if you experience difficulty with registration or for assistance with an existing account.
- Students who are on campus MORE than once per week will be required to test twice weekly.
- The two tests should ideally be spaced three days apart (Mon and Thurs OR Tues and Fri), however two days apart (Mon/Wed, Tue/Thurs, Wed/Fri) will be accepted if necessary to accommodate class schedules.
- The tests should not be performed on two consecutive days.
Information for faculty and staff
Faculty and staff working entirely remotely/online for the fall semester (not returning to campus):
Faculty and staff working completely remotely/online but need to pick-up personal belongings OR complete a task:
- No testing required if you are planning to work from home but you need to come to campus to pick-up essential items or you need to come to work to complete a task that is essential to your work, please contact Nick Macke to schedule a 30-minute block to come to campus.
- Arrive to campus at the designated time wearing a cloth face covering or face mask. Check in with the security desk, complete symptom check and avoid interacting with others during your visit. Limit your visit time in the building to 30 minutes.
Faculty and staff who are planning to return to campus for teaching, performance, lessons, or other work designated as on-campus essential:
- Faculty - testing required:
- Two negative COVID tests are required 3-7 days apart at NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Center before coming to campus. This on-boarding testing framework will allow you to achieve clearance within 5 days to expedite your return to campus.
- Please use the CoVerified app, described below, to schedule your test.
- For faculty who will be on campus to teach at the beginning of the semester, it is advisable to initiate your testing as soon as possible.
- If you have been tested on your own within 72 hours before your first day on campus, please bring a copy of your test report to the NEC COVID-19 Testing Center located at 33 Gainsborough Street between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Your second test will be scheduled at NEC 3-7 days after the first test was administered, and weekly thereafter.
- Ongoing tests must be performed at NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Center (33 Gainsborough Street).
- Faculty who are on campus MORE than once per week are strongly encouraged to test twice weekly.
- The two tests should ideally be spaced 3 days apart (Mon and Thurs OR Tues and Fri), however 2 days apart (Mon/Wed, Tue/Thurs, Wed/Fri) will be accepted if necessary to accommodate class schedules.
- The tests should not be performed on two consecutive days.
- Staff/Contractors – testing required:
- Staff who are currently on-campus carrying out essential work will be required to be tested at NEC’s COVID-19 testing center starting the week of August 24. Please use the CoVerified app, described below, to schedule your test.
- If you have been tested on your own within 72 hours before your first day on campus, bring a copy of your test report to the NEC COVID-19 Testing Center located at 33 Gainsborough Street between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Staff/contractors who are on campus MORE than once per week are strongly encouraged to test twice weekly.
The two tests should ideally be spaced 3 days apart (Mon and Thurs OR Tues and Fri), however 2 days apart (Mon/Wed, Tue/Thurs, Wed/Fri) will be accepted if necessary to accommodate class schedules.
The tests should not be performed on two consecutive days.
Daily symptom screening
Each day, everyone coming to campus will be required to complete and report the results of a daily symptom check using the CoVerified app, described below. You will then be issued a "cleared” or “restricted” designation, depending on the results of this screening process. Students who are designated as “cleared” will need to show this pass to NEC Public Safety staff when entering our buildings. You will also need to scan your NEC ID card, as usual. Students who are issued a "restricted" designation should contact the Health and Counseling Center. Employees who are issued a “restricted” designation should self-quarantine, and contact the Office of Human Resources prior to coming to campus. Those who do not have a compatible smartphone can complete a verbal check with the Public Safety staff at building entrances.
The CoVerified App
NEC, along with several universities in Greater Boston, has partnered with CoVerified, a platform built to help colleges and universities return to campus safely in the era of COVID-19. CoVerified includes an app, which allows users complete the following in one place:
- Complete and report a daily symptom check
- Report symptoms and contacts
- Schedule COVID-19 testing
- View and manage test results
- Move about campus safely
Please download the CoVerified app now and use your NEC login credentials to sign on. Anyone experiencing difficulty with the CoVerified app should contact ITS TechCentral at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also review the CoVerified User Guide.
Some users have experienced unforeseen technical difficulties with the CoVerified app. We have been working as quickly as possible to try to understand and fix these problems.
We have been advised by CoVerified that there may be several contributing factors.
There are two common problems:
1. After login, some users are receiving a message saying they are unauthorized, and their mapping should be checked
2. IOS users receive a notification that there is a new update on the application and their screen freezes when they select update.
(They are updating the application daily and hence it is normal to see this pop-up. If users have the latest IOS update, this should not be occurring. If not, please delete and re-download the app and ensure that you have the latest IOS software update.
Troubleshooting tips for both questions:
- Please check if you are able to login to the web-portal: web.coverified.us. IPhone, Android and other phone users may need to clear the cache by deleting and reloading the latest version of the application.
- If you had previously registered with a different email, please check to if you can login with that email address.
- Login as a visitor and you will receive a temporary password.
Other troubleshooting tips:
- If you have an Android and are downloading the app from the Google Play store, please make sure you click the button to allow unknown apps.
- If you do not have an NEC email address, you should have received an email from CoVerified on 9/9/20 with a temporary password. Please try to login with your email and this temporary password. Please check your spam folder if you do not see an email message from CoVerified.
- Please reference the accompanying User Guide for other CoVerified troubleshooting tips.
- If none of the above steps work, please submit a support request using: https://www.coverified.us/support with as much detail as possible (screenshots and recordings would be ideal) and CoVerified will help you troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Please also know that if you are currently having difficulty scheduling appointments on the CoVerified app, we will be able to fit in everyone who needs to be tested! You may stop by the testing center whenever you need your upcoming tests for now. We are open Tuesday through Friday of this coming week (9/8 - 9/11), from 9am-12pm, and 1pm to 4pm, and Monday through Thursday of the following week (9/14-9/17).
We sincerely apologize for the added stress and inconvenience, and we thank you so much for your patience as we work together to get this running smoothly!
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, or if you continue to have difficulties that are not resolved with the above suggestions.
COVERIFIED ON THE WEB
If you are experiencing trouble with the CoVerified app, or do not have access to a smartphone, you can access all of its features using a web browser, such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. Visit http://web.coverified.us.
WHERE TO FIND HELP
The NEC Health and Counseling Center staff stand ready to assist anyone with questions about our testing program. Please reach out to us at 617-585-1284.
After completing “onboard testing” (2 negative COVID-19 tests 3-7 days apart prior to coming to campus), students, faculty, staff and contractors are required to have weekly COVID-19 tests at NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Center located at 33 Gainsborough Street in the Welcome Center.
Please see instructions for your group, above.
Yes. You can go into the CoVerified app and schedule a test for the same day and time of the week for several weeks in a row depending on appointment availability. The appointments will be saved in the CoVerified app under Upcoming Scheduled Tests.
Please download the CoVerified app now at http://coverified.us/download and use your NEC login credentials to sign on. Anyone experiencing problems with the CoVerified app should contact ITS TechCentral at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access the features of CoVerified at http://web.coverified.us.
It will take approximately 30 hours for your test result to return.
- Negative Test Results: You will receive an email from CareEvolve@LKNotification.com during the week of September 1 if your test result is negative. If you are currently using the CoVerified App, you will also receive a notification from that app stating you have had a negative test.
- Positive Test Results: You will receive a phone call from the Health & Counseling Staff or a member of the local board of health if your test result is positive.
Each day, students, faculty, and staff coming to campus will be required to complete and report the results of a daily symptom check using apps as described above.
CoVerified User App Tutorial
CoVerified User App Dashboard Tutorial
NEC COVID-19 Health & Safety Videos