Please refer to the guidance below to determine if you will be required to participate in NEC’s COVID-19 Testing Program.
All NEC Community members who are working, studying, or participating in NEC summer programs on campus must complete onboard and weekly surveillance COVID-19 testing regardless of vaccination status.
Any changes to the Summer Testing Policy will be promptly shared with the NEC community.
SUMMER TESTING HOURS AND BOOKING APPOINTMENTS
The NEC COVID-19 Testing Center is located in the Elfers Commons at 255 St. Botolph Street.
Mondays: 9am - 12pm & 1pm - 4:30pm
Wednesdays: 8am - 12pm & 1pm - 3:30pm
Please schedule your appointments in the CoVerified App.
Onboard testing provides reassurance that community members are not infected with the COVID-19 virus upon arrival to campus and allows community members to access campus facilities as soon as they arrive to NEC. Onboard testing is required for individuals who plan to be on NEC's campus at least one day per week during the summer and who are not currently enrolled in the testing program.
Onboard testing, for those not already enrolled in the testing program, consists of:
- One negative COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours before arrival to campus at a testing facility of your choice. Test results must be uploaded to CoVerified* and list the date the test was collected (not resulted).
- One negative COVID-19 PCR test at NEC's COVID-19 testing center upon arrival to campus.
We recognize that community members may take well-deserved vacation time during the summer months. Onboard testing, once completed, does not need to be repeated unless 21 days has elapsed since community member's last COVID-19 test.
ONBOARD PROCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 IN THE PAST 90 DAYS
Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days may still test positive, even though they are no longer shedding virus capable of infecting others. These individuals will be removed from the testing protocol for 90 days after their positive test and must:
- Upload a copy of the test report and enter the date the test was performed (not resulted) in the CoVerified App if not performed at the NEC COVID-19 Testing Center.
- Perform daily symptom checks in the CoVerified App to gain access to campus buildings.
- Resume testing at the end of the 90-day period, see Surveillance Testing Guidance below.
- 2 onboard tests will not be required.
SURVEILLANCE TESTING AFTER COMPLETING ONBOARD TESTING
Once onboard testing is complete, summer program participants, faculty, and staff must keep up to date with once weekly testing to access campus buildings.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about NEC's COVID-19 testing policies.
Daily symptom screening
Everyone coming to campus is required to complete and report a daily symptom check using the CoVerified app, described below. You will then be issued a "cleared” or “restricted” designation, depending on the results of this screening process.
Students who are designated as “cleared” will need to show this pass to NEC Public Safety staff when entering our buildings. You will also need to scan your NEC ID card, as usual. Students who are issued a "restricted" designation should contact the Health and Counseling Center.
Employees, faculty, and staff who are issued a “restricted” designation should self-quarantine if experiencing symptoms, and contact the Office of Human Resources prior to coming to campus.
Individuals that do not have a compatible smartphone for CoVerified app usage may complete a verbal symptom check with the Public Safety staff at building entrances.
The CoVerified App
NEC, along with several universities in Greater Boston, has partnered with CoVerified, a platform built to help colleges and universities return to campus safely in the era of COVID-19. CoVerified includes an app, which allows users to complete the following actions in one place:
- Complete and report a daily symptom check
- Report symptoms and contacts
- Schedule COVID-19 testing
- View and manage test results
- Move about campus safely
Please download the CoVerified app now and use your NEC login credentials to sign on. Anyone experiencing difficulty with the CoVerified app should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also review the CoVerified User Guide.
How do I sign up for the CoVerified App?
Please download the CoVerified app now at http://coverified.us/download and use your NEC login credentials to sign on. Anyone experiencing problems with the CoVerified app should contact ITS TechCentral at email@example.com. You can also access the features of CoVerified at http://web.coverified.us.
CoVerified Troubleshooting Tips
Some users have experienced unforeseen technical difficulties with the CoVerified app. We have been working as quickly as possible to try to understand and fix these problems.
We have been advised by CoVerified that there may be several contributing factors.
There are two common problems:
1. After login, some users are receiving a message saying they are unauthorized, and their mapping should be checked
2. IOS users receive a notification that there is a new update on the application and their screen freezes when they select update.
(They are updating the application daily and hence it is normal to see this pop-up. If users have the latest IOS update, this should not be occurring. If not, please delete and re-download the app and ensure that you have the latest IOS software update.
Troubleshooting tips for both questions:
- Please check if you are able to login to the web-portal: web.coverified.us. IPhone, Android and other phone users may need to clear the cache by deleting and reloading the latest version of the application.
- If you had previously registered with a different email, please check to if you can login with that email address.
- Login as a visitor and you will receive a temporary password.
Other troubleshooting tips:
- If you have an Android and are downloading the app from the Google Play store, please make sure you click the button to allow unknown apps.
- If you do not have an NEC email address, you should have received an email from CoVerified with a temporary password. Please try to login with your email and this temporary password. Please check your spam folder if you do not see an email message from CoVerified.
- Please reference the accompanying User Guide for other CoVerified troubleshooting tips.
- If none of the above steps work, please submit a support request using: https://www.coverified.us/support with as much detail as possible (screenshots and recordings would be ideal) and CoVerified will help you troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or if you continue to have difficulties that are not resolved with the above suggestions.
COVERIFIED ON THE WEB
If you are experiencing trouble with the CoVerified app, or do not have access to a smartphone, you can access all of its features using a web browser, such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. Visit http://web.coverified.us.
WHERE TO FIND HELP
The NEC Health and Counseling Center staff stand ready to assist anyone with questions about our testing program. Please reach out to us at 617-585-1284.