NEC Summer Session 2013
Mon, August 19–
Fri, August 23
ThisWorldMusic Founder/Director Jeremy Cohen, brings his African drumming class to the 77 Arts Academy in Acton this summer! Students are engaged with the sights and sounds of Africa! This week-long, hands-on drumming workshop, brings the joy and power of African drumming and culture to Acton! We welcome ages 10 to 18 at all proficiency levels.
- Precision drum, bell and shaker technique for a round, full ensemble sound
- Recitation of “drum language” using spoken syllables that help improve language skills and develop aural memory
- Stepping and sticking exercises that use full-body kinesthetic learning to develop off-beat timing and greater comfort with polyrhythms
- Traditional Ewe songs from Ghana that help students connect with a different culture through its native language
- Integration with core curriculum that uses music, dance and multimedia presentations to help bring other curricular areas to life
More on this exciting opportunity at ThisWorldMusic.com
Tuition and Fees
Registration fee: $40
77 Arts Academy and NEC
New England Conservatory's School of Continuing Education is proud to be the new partner of the 77 Arts Academy. As a partner, we offer many of the same private music lessons and continuing education classes with NEC faculty at the 77 Arts Academy facility. More offerings
This Acton location provides an alternative to traveling to NEC's Boston campus. They are conveniently located with plenty of off-street parking and wonderful facilities.