BSO College Card
The BSO College Card is offered free to all current NEC Students. Pick up your card at the Student Activities Center after the first day of classes. Be sure to register your card online to receive e-mail alerts when new College Card concerts are added.
Tufts NEC Shuttle
Shuttle service is available 8 times daily to and from Tufts University during the academic year.
Follow this link to TUFTS-NEC Shuttle Bus Schedule.
Semester Pass Program: Purchase an unlimited use LinkPass or Commuter Rail Pass for the entire semester through NEC and receive an 11% discount off the regular monthly rate. Passes are ordered through the Business Office and are available for pick-up in the Student Activities Center. More about this.
Membership is open to everyone within the NEC community who is 21 years or older for an annual fee of $25 with no application fee.
Register with your NEC e-mail address to receive the discounted rate.
For more information go to zipcar.com/nec
FREE Wellness Classes for current NEC students
- Classes taught by local yoga instructor and soprano Maire Clement each Sunday evening throughout the academic year.
- Classes taught by local healer and meditation specalist, Alex Bynum, each Sunday evening throughout the academic year.
The YMCA is our next-door neighboor, and offers a variety of health and wellnes benefits. To see the most up to date membership benefits and rates, click here. Though there is not an across the board student discount, students who would like a reduced rate are welcome to avail themselves of the YMCA scholarship program. With proof of limited income and an official certification of full time enrollment, students will stand a good chance of receiving a scholarship. To join the YMCA, go to the Huntington YMCA with your student ID. You may use your membership at any local YMCA branch.
Northeastern University's Marino Center memberships are available to all NEC students for the rate of $360 per the two semester. To join, please follow instruction here on the Marino Center link.
How to gain access to the gym:
Anyone with a previous membership (after they have signed-up online):
- If they do not have an NUID Card issued after September 1, 2015, they will need go to the Northeastern University Husky ID Office, located at 4 Speare Place (adjacent to the Marino Center on Huntington Ave) to obtain a Husky ID Card. They will use this Husky ID Card to enter the gym. The membership will be valid starting on 9/1/2016.
- After September 1, 2016, there will be a 1 business day turn-around to obtain the Husky card and have the card activated for gym access
Anyone who signed up, without having a previous membership:
- All memberships sign-up that occur by Sunday 8/28/2016, the students will be able to pick-up their Husky Cards, at the Northeastern University Husky ID Office, located at 4 Speare Place (adjacent to the Marino Center on Huntington Ave) to obtain a Husky ID Card starting on Wednesday 8/31/2016.
- After September 1, 2016, the cycle will occur the same way, sign-up by Sunday, pick-up card and ready to use the gym on Wednesday of that week.
Museum of Fine Arts
MFA General Admissions: all NEC students gain free admission to the MFA simply by showing a current student ID.
MFA Special Exhibitions: With student ID and Spaulding Library’s admission pass, $6 tickets for special exhibitions are available Monday through Friday, from noon to close. These tickets are same day only and are subject to availability. Go to the Spaulding Library to check out an admission pass. All admission passes may be borrowed for 24 hours; they may not be reserved in advance.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
ISGM General Admissions: Admissions is $5 with a valid student ID!