You're invited to Hacking Arts! MIT's first annual festival and hackathon exploring the intersection of arts, entertainment, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Learn from entrepreneurial thinkers in the creative industries - music, film, fashion, visual arts & design, and performing arts - including speakers from The Echo Nest, Sonos, YouTube Music, Bow & Drape, SonicBids, Artnet, Paddle8, Fandor, and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- Check out demos from early-stage arts and entertainment startups.
- Experience tech-enabled live performances from MIT Media Lab and Berklee composer/creators and tech-inspired visual art pieces, including an MIT installation made up of artist Olafur Eliasson's Little Suns.
- Form teams with artists, designers, engineers, musicians, and entrepreneurs.
- Hack on APIs from The Echo Nest, Sonos, Spotify, Gilt Groupe, ShopSense, and more!
- Participate in the Little Sun Challenge, where art meets energy meets social impact.
- Win prizes, including mentorship from MassChallenge and Little Sun.
Let's create new, tech-based projects and ventures in arts and entertainment!
September 28/29, MIT Media Lab. Open to all - Register here!
Learn more: hackingarts.com
Register now! hackingarts2013.eventbrite.com
Follow us: twitter.com/MITHackingArts
Like us: facebook.com/HackingArts
Presented by the MIT Sloan Media and Entertainment Club in partnership with the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship, MIT Office for the Arts, MIT Center for Art, Science & Technology, Berklee College of Music, New England Conservatory of Music, and School of Museum of Fine Arts.
Sponsored by Sonos, Houghton Mifflin, KVR Audio, and The Echo Nest.
Are you an NEC faculty member or student who is giving a school concert? Submit your artist and repertoire information now!