Bidding Instructions for the Silent Auction
- Bidding will begin at 6:00 p.m. during the cocktail reception in the Oval Room and will continue in the Registration area during dinner. The silent auction will end at 9:15 p.m. during the main course. An announcement will be made from the stage that the auction is closing.
- Each item on display has an accompanying bid sheet. Please print your name and daytime phone number next to your bid in the space provided. If you are increasing your bid, you only need to write your name and bid amount.
- Predetermined bidding increments are printed on each bid sheet. If these increments are not adhered to, bidder may be disqualified. The items follow the same order as in the catalogue. Full descriptions of all items may be found in the catalogue listings.
- If there is no expiration date listed, the certificate or package expires one year from February 25, 2017.
- Winners of the Silent Auction items will be contacted during dinner.
- All items must be paid for by the end of the evening.
- Payment for items may be made with cash, check, MasterCard, American Express or Visa. All purchases are final with no exchanges or refunds.
- When bidding, please read the item description carefully. Certain restrictions may apply. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN, so please bid carefully.
- New England Conservatory does not appraise or estimate the value of auction items. Donors have provided estimates.
- Please consult your tax advisor for rules concerning the deductibility of auction items. Generally, the excess of the bid amount over the estimated value is deductible, and no deduction is allowed if the bid is below the estimated value.
Good luck and happy bidding!