All NEC Alumni are considered members of the Alumni Association and are entitled to special benefits, both on campus and through partner organizations.
To request your free, personalized ID card stop by the Office of Alumni Relations at 295 Huntington Ave., Suite 301 (Above Music Espresso), or contact us at (617) 585-1175 and we'll gladly mail your ID card to you.
On-Campus benefits include:
- Campus Access
Your alumni ID card grants you access to buildings on NEC's campus. Just present your ID card at the security desk upon entering.
Please note: due to high usage and limited space your alumni ID does not grant you access to practice rooms at this time.
- Library Privileges
Visit the Library Privileges page for complete information on how to access Spaulding and Firestone libraries. (Alumni ID card required)
- Discounted NEC Opera Tickets
Use your Alumni Association ID card to get 2-for-1 admission to NEC's two annual mainstage opera productions.
Check NEC's Concerts & Events page for listings.
- Career Support through the EM Department
The NEC Entrepreneurial Musicianship (EM) Department opened its doors in fall of 2010 and offers an ever-expanding array of career development opportunities available to alumni, ranging from on-campus workshops to one-on-one advising, and free access to our comprehensive jobs database, Bridge: Worldwide Music Connection.
- Benefits include: 24-hour online claims, ability to adjust your account online, worldwide coverage wherever you gig (for US residents only), 30 days of free insurance coverage for rented/borrowed instruments while yours is repaired due to a covered loss, and more. For more information about the New England Conservatory group policy, contact Clarion at 1-800-VIVALDI.Discounted Musical Instrument Insurance
Receive a reduced rate on instrument insurance through Clarion Associates, Inc., the world's largest musical instrument insurance specialist.
- MusicPro Insurance provides convenient, affordable insurance to meet the needs of working music professionals. Insurance for instruments and studios.
- Discounted Auto, Home, and Renter's Insurance
Liberty Mutual has partnered with New England Conservatory to offer alumni exclusive savings on auto and home insurance.* Along with quality coverage, expert advice, and personalized service, you could also enjoy our valuable and unique benefits, such as Better Car Replacement™, Accident Forgiveness, Home Protector Plus™, and our Multi-Policy Discount. Helping people live safer, more secure lives for more than 100 years, Liberty Mutual is a company you can trust.
Call your local office, 1-800-835-0894, or visit Liberty Mutual to learn more or get a free quote. Client # 115029.
Massachusetts residents call Sandra Moloney at (508) 238-4414 ext. 52445.
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
- Health Insurance Referrals
Members of NEC's Alumni Association who choose to join the American Federation of Musicians are eligible for benefits including health insurance referrals, employer pension contributions, recording rights protection and legal, loan, travel and mortgage service. Visit www.afm.org for details.
- eHealth Insurance obtain quotes from local insurance carriers wherever you live. For individuals, small businesses, and families. Information on health, dental, vision, pet, and travel insurance.
- Discounted Hotels: Academic Ambassadors
As a member of the NEC Alumni Association you may access these hotel discounts when travelling for business and pleasure. Academic Ambassadors are full-service boutique hotels around the country and Canada that offer discounts to nonprofit professionals, affiliates, and volunteers. Though intimate in scale and feel, most of the hotels have fine and casual dining, meeting rooms, and fitness facilities. Academic Ambassadors is the official hotel discounter of Harvard, MIT, Fractured Atlas, OperaAmerica, among many others.
Simply go to Academic Ambassadors and register to receive a discount at these hotels nationwide.
- Car Rental Discounts
Whether traveling for pleasure or traveling for gigs, NEC alumni receive a 5% - 15% discount on car rentals through Avis and Alamo.
To take advantage of these savings, use the group codes listed below and present your alumni id when you pick up your car.
Alamo: 685660 Rate Code: BY