Flu Shots Are Here!
Seasonal flu season is just around the corner and the single most effective way to protect yourself, and everyone else, is to get a flu shot!
We have purchased a limited amount of vaccine which will be administered on a “first come, first served” basis. The cost of the vaccine will be billed to your insurance company.
Please call 617-585-1284, or come to the Health Center in 112SB, to schedule an appointment or attend the Flu shot clinic in the Student Lounge on Friday 10-24-14 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Follow the links below to learn more about:
Is the flu shot right for you?
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against this serious disease.
- While there are many different flu viruses, the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the main flu viruses that research suggests will cause the most illness during the upcoming flu season.
- People should begin getting vaccinated soon after flu vaccine becomes available, ideally by October, to ensure that as many people as possible are protected before flu season begins.
How to protect yourself from the flu:
- In addition to getting vaccinated, you can take everyday preventive actions like staying away from sick people and washing your hands to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you are sick with flu, stay home from work or school to prevent spreading flu to others (CDC, 2014).
Seasonal Influenza (Flu) Basics
Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet