Charitable Remainder Trusts
A Charitable Remainder Trust enables donors who invest at least $100,000 to realize personalized income and tax benefits while making a generous gift to NEC for a purpose of their choosing.
A Charitable Remainder Trust offers a number of attractive benefits including:
- Income for life and/or a period of years for yourself, your spouse/partner, other family members or important people in your life.
- A variable OR guaranteed annual payment. You choose from a Charitable Remainder Unitrust (CRUT) for an annual payment that will vary based on the investment performance, or a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT) for a fixed annual payment. The amount of the payment must be at least 5% of the trust’s value and is negotiated so that both you and NEC will benefit from the trust over time.
- A charitable income-tax deduction for those donors who itemize deductions.
- Potential additional tax benefits including estate-tax savings and avoidance of capital-gains taxes.
- You designate how NEC will use your gift. NEC welcomes the opportunity to consult with you to determine how your gift can best support a particular area of need.
Your attorney and other advisors can help design a plan that is most advantageous for you and your family. For more information or if you would like a personalized profile of what your benefits from a Charitable Remainder Trust would be, please e-mail Simon Welsby, Executive Director of Development or call 617-585-1168.