3 Days on Gainsborough Street
October 24-26, 2014
Join us this fall for 3 Days on Gainsborough Street: New England Conservatory’s first Alumni and Family Festival Weekend! This year we welcome all alumni, college parents, Preparatory School families, and prospective students to campus for three days of exciting programs designed to bring the NEC community together. Catch a glimpse of NEC today through concerts, masterclasses, workshops, jam sessions, chamber music readings, open rehearsals, and more – all with plenty of time to connect with friends and faculty.
Our weekend coincides with the Celebration of Music & Dance in memory of longtime faculty member Julia Sutton, as well as The Expo with eighth blackbird celebrating five years of Entrepreneurial Musicianship at NEC. Please note that the EM Expo requires a separate registration form, which can be found here or in your confirmation email after registering for 3 Days.
Check out the highlights below and view the full schedule of events here.
Friday, October 24th
- NEC Symphony Concert featuring music by Dvorak, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Ravel, and Rouse
- George Russell Tribute Concert lead by Chair of Jazz Studies Ken Schaphorst
- Alumni Jazz Jam Session
Saturday, October 25th
- NEC Prep Orientation Breakfast
- A Tribute to NEC’s Past and Future
- Panel Discussion on Alumni in the Community
- Music Festival featuring the Nick Sanders Trio, NEC Jazz and Wild Card Honors Ensembles, and the Youth Jazz Orchestra
- 50th Reunion Memories Luncheon
- Teach Smart with Susan Reed
- 60-Second Composer Challenge
- String Chamber Music Reading Parties with faculty and alumni
- Swing Dance with Dan Gabel and The Abletones, Authentic 18-Piece Big Band featuring Elise Roth
Sunday, October 26th
- The Expo with eighth blackbird
50th Reunion Celebration
3 Days on Gainsborough Street will include a 50th Reunion Celebration for the classes of 1963 and 1964 on Saturday, October 25th. Golden alumni will be recognized and invited to reminisce at the 50th Reunion Memories Luncheon, with a Behind-the-Scenes tour of the Jordan Hall building afterward.
If you haven’t done so already, please submit your memories for the 50th Reunion Yearbook now by filling out this short survey. We plan to share your memories in a section of this website shortly.
Book your hotel accommodations early for a weekend of activities you won’t want to miss! A limited number of rooms have been reserved at a discounted group rate at the following hotels:
The Midtown Hotel ($169/night)
220 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
617-262-1000 | www.midtownhotel.com
Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline ($184/night)
1200 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446
617-277-1200 | www.holidayinn.com
Please mention “NEC Alumni and Family Festival Weekend” and book by October 3, 2014 to receive these special rates.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-585-1162.